Sunday, January 17, 2010

Looking Up While Moving On...

My stomach twists,I feel sick,
Makes me wonder if I had ate a brick.
This feeling strange, unfamiliar, unknown,
It makes my heart ache and groan.
Or maybe the heart is the why,
The creator of these feelings that don't pass by.
They stir within me and give me no peace,
But I know that they will one day cease.
The day I return, I come back home
That day I make my heart known.
To the ones I love, the ones that I left,
We reunite without a moment bereft.
Loving, Laughing, Talking, Crying,
Every moment savored before flying.
And then the passing, it seemed to go so fast,
I am off to another land, but all the while wishing for the past.
The next step unnerving, hidden, and beyond knowing,
But is savored in the memory of my coming and going.
While looking to Him and holding tight,
Knowing Daddy's got me, even though it feels like my darkest night.
And forward I go, taking it one day at a time,
Giving my all but still remembering what I have behind.


It is beyond words. The feelings that I have for this place. The people, the church, and the things that have captured my heart.

Thank God for Northern Ireland! Thank you God for my time here... even though it was only a visit, it was the reconnection, love, fellowship, and joy that I needed. I love my coming and I hate my going. I will miss this place! I will miss my home!

Blessings upon blessings!
I love you all!
-Ben

2 comments:

Erin said...

i want to hear all about it! I'll be praying for you as you transition back into being home... :)

Anonymous said...

Ben,

This still breaks my heart to read! I hope that you and Anna will be joining us for Shine this year! 24th-31st July...I will be house sitting for the Sheppards at this time and you and Anna are welcome to stay with me!! Keep updating your blog...I love reading it!