Monday, June 8, 2009

Stevenage (St. Evenage)

My last trip with Mark.... :-( Sad but exciting at the same time. This weekend we are in Stevenage, England which is close to St. Albans where Samuel Lane lives and leads worship. It was a good weekend, but different at the same time. Everyone was excited, nervous, and some fearful about going out on the streets for the first time. We split the team in two because we had two separate locations where we were doing HOTS. The location I was at was a very hard location. There were a few regulations and things that the church wasn't allowed to do on the streets, like hand out leaflets, which made it a lot harder. The location I was at was tucked away in a little corner and it wasn't seen by the people walking by, so we didn't get much response from the public. God's presence was still there, but no one was sitting down. But even though people weren't sitting down at our location, people were getting prayer and sitting down at the other location. People were getting healed and touched by God's presence, love, and peace. The team was very encouraged and we got to share stories of what God had done which was faith lifting.

On most of my trips with Mark, after our saturday afternoon on the streets, we would go back to the place we were staying and relax and chill out for the rest of the day. This saturday evening I was invited to go with some of the team from Stevenage to a house warming party. So that evening I went to this house warming party and had such a fun time. I have always loved my travels with Mark; I love traveling and going different places and I really love meeting people. At this party I was blessed to meet some really amazing people. They were so loving and accepting to me, it really modeled such a loving community that I hope I can be able to give and show others. At the party, they were doing a BBQ and the main event of the night was watching Eurovision Contest. Eurovision is a singing contest that was created over 50 years ago who after the second world war to unite the countries of Europe. It was a hilarious time of critiquing all the performances done by each country that was in the contest. We judged each performance on 5 categories, song, lyrics, dress, and performance (dance, movement, etc). They also got extra points for special affects and key changes in their singing. It was a hilarious time and I must admit that I probably got a little too opinionated and shared too much about what I thought of each contesting countries performance.

Norway ended up winning, not on skill or performance at all. They were terrible, utterly horrible. Pish!!!!! I was appalled that they won, but I learned that Eurovision can be quite political (neighboring countries voting for each other, etc...). This trip and that night was an amazing experience and I will never forget my time here at St. Evenage (Stevenage). Hahah!


Lord bless this city. Bless everything they do out on their streets. Make your name known in this city! Use the people of the Stevenage Vineyard in huge ways. Bless them lord. May your favor be upon them. Amen.

No comments: